Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My interaction

I was sad to hear the news.

I was a grade higher than Chris in high school, and didn’t really have any interaction with him there until one day he called me – out of the blue – and told me that he had had a dream about me, and that he felt impressed to strike up a friendship. At that time, I knew who he was but hadn’t ever even talked with him. I told him that he was welcome to be my friend, and kind of shrugged it off. I think I was a senior at the time.

He persisted to say “hello” to me at school, and ask how I was, etc. When we both left for our missions, we wrote each other. It was certainly an unusual arrangement for me. Probably not for him, though. Looking back, he was certainly a friendly and genuine individual. I’m sure that if I had spent more time investing in the relationship it would have grown. My loss.

Eric Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment